Kohel Haver at Swider Haver LLP
Kohel Haver practices in the areas working with creative people and the arts - including a specialty in copyright and related intellectual property, technology and business law. Kohel has been serving the arts community for all of his professional life – including service on the boards of directors.
Kohel Haver Education
Kohel Haver Art and the Law Workshops
- J.D., Northwestern Law School at Lewis and Clark College
- B.S., Antioch University, Yellow Springs, Ohio.
Kohel Haver Television
- “Artist Contracts – Copyright and Licensing,” Oregon College of Art and Craft, Portland
- “Art and Law – Some Pointers - Seminar,” Art Department Portland Community College
- “Copyright and Contracts and the WWW,” Portland Art Institute, Portland
- “Commissions, Copyright and Port Cards” Northwest Sculpture Society
- “Legal Issues for Artists” Lake Oswego Arts Commission
- “Contract and Consignment Tips for Metal Artists,” Creative Metal Arts Guild, Portland
- “The Arts and The Law” Beaverton Arts Commission
- “Copyright and Contracts and the Arts,” Pacific NW College of Arts, Portland
- “What City Government Should Know about Copyright Law” Government Law Section Oregon State Bar
- “Art from Copyrights to Gallery Consignment” Portland Society of Artists
Kohel Haver Publications
- Independent Video Production, Copyright and Public Access, Portland Cable Access (2001)
- Keeping the Dream Alive - What can Video Producers learn about Copyright Law from this situation, Portland Community Media (2005)
Kohel Haver Faculty
- What Personal Historians should know about Copyright and Contracts, National Association of Personal Historians (2005).
- Copyright, Free Speech and the Zine Artist, IPRC Portland Oregon (2005).
- Oregon Consignment Law in English, Business of Arts Workshop, 2004
- Copyright Fair Use and Video Production, Independent Video Producers Guide to Legal Issues, Alliance for Community Media (2001).
- Copyright and the Arts - Navigating the Minefield (2000)
- Copyright and Multimedia Development, Oregon State Bar CLE Handbook, (1998)
- The Notice and Takedown Dance – protecting your stuff on the Web, Northwest Association of Book Publishers, (1999)
Kohel Haver Community Service
- University of Phoenix, Information Technology Department (1999 – present)
- Oregon State Bar, Executive Committee - Computer and Internet Law Section
- Past President, Board of Directors, Portland Community Media - 2000-2005
- Founding Board Member, President, Northwest Lawyers and Artists, Portland Oregon
- Memberships - Graphic Artists
Have you covered all the bases of your business, legally?
Is there an integrated intellectual property process and policy written for your business?
Are copyright filings tasked to a resource internally or externally? Have they been trained? Is that resource doing it correctly?
Swider Haver LLP, can come to the rescue for your business in numerous ways.
Find out how here.
Swider Haver LLP
1420 American Bank Building
621 SW Morrison Street
Portland, Oregon 97205