Robert Swider at Swider Medeiros Haver LLP
Robert Swider has been representing clients including plaintiffs and defendants as a trial attorney for more than two decades in civil cases involving intellectual property, copyright law, trademark law, computer law, unfair trade practices, electronic commerce, general business, complex litigation, personal injuries and real estate.
Robert Swider also provides counsel to clients in diverse fields of endeavor whose business affairs involve intellectual property and commercial law. Robert Swider has substantial experience, the representation of technology-related businesses and the representation of plaintiffs in personal injury cases.
Robert Swider Education
Robert Swider Selected Lectures and Programs
- J.D., Northwestern School of Law of Lewis and Clark College.
- Moot Court Honor Board.
- B.A., Seton Hall University, Government / Political Science
Robert Swider Selected Publications
- “Multimedia Law, Computer Law-What You Don’t Know Can Hurt You,” Oregon State Bar, Portland, July 1998
- “Important Computer Law Cases of 1998 – 99,” Pacific Rim Computer Law Institute, Vancouver B.C. 1999.
- “Advising Clients on Information Technology & Electronic Commerce Issues” Oregon State Bar, Portland November 2000.
- “Ethical Issues Presented by Technological Advances,” Lewis and Clark Law School, Portland February 2001.
- “Software Licenses and Electronic Media Policies,” Beaverton Chamber of Commerce, Beaverton, October 2002.
- Planning Committee, “Computer Law Update Critical Issues for Business Attorneys, Litigators, and Computer Lawyers,” Oregon State Bar, Portland November 1999.
- Planning Committee, “Commerce in the Digital Age,” Oregon State Bar, Portland November 2000.
- Planning Committee Chair, “Computer Law in the New … New Economy,” Oregon State Bar, Portland November 2001
- Planning Committee, “Computer Law: The IP Conundrum of Innovation and Exploitation in the Digital Age,” Oregon State Bar, Portland October 2002.
- Planning Committee, “Information Privacy and Security Under Attack,” Oregon State Bar, Portland October 2003.
- Planning Committee, “Information Technology to Market: Legal Issues Regarding Entry into Domestic, International and Federal Markets,” Oregon State Bar, Portland October 2004.
- Planning Committee Chair, “Licensing Content and Technology: Tips, Traps and Strategies,” Oregon State Bar, Portland October 2005.
Robert Swider Community Service
- Intellectual Property Rights in Multimedia Presentations, Computer Law, Oregon State Bar (1998).
- Legal Practice, Ethics and Internet, Computer Law, Oregon State Bar (1998).
- Executive Committee Member and Past Chairman, Oregon State Bar, Computer and Internet Law Section (1989 – 1995 and 1998 – present, Chair 1993 – 1994).
- Oregon Robotics Tournament and Outreach Program (ORTOP) 2000 to date, Volunteered in various capacities including technical judging at Local and State Tournaments.
- The Creative Science School, Volunteered in various capacities including Chair of the CSS Parent Group and service on several Committees 1995 – 2001.
- Lewis and Clark Law School, has volunteered to judge Moot Court and Mock Trial many times over the last two decades.
- The Classroom Law Project, Portland has volunteered as a Judge for High School Mock Trial Competition many times over the last two decades.
- Board of Directors of the Portland Defense Consortium, Portland Oregon 2003 – present.
Have you covered all the bases of your business, legally?
Is there an integrated intellectual property process and policy written for your business?
Are copyright filings tasked to a resource internally or externally? Have they been trained? Is that resource doing it correctly?
Swider Medeiros Haver LLP, can come to the rescue for your business in numerous ways.
Find out how here.
Swider Medeiros Haver LLP
1420 American Bank Building
621 SW Morrison Street
Portland, Oregon 97205